2019 NACHC Community Health Care Awards of Excellence
Each year, the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) honors outstanding men and women of the Community Health Center Movement. The 2019 NACHC Community Health Care Awards of Excellence will be presented during the NACHC Annual Community Health Institute, August 16-20, 2019, in Chicago, IL. These awards span the spectrum of health center service.
We invite you to nominate board members, clinicians, administrators, as well as public officials, whose accomplishments best exemplify excellence in community health care and contribution to the health center mission.
The nomination period is now closed. Award recipients will be announced in August during the NACHC Community Health Insititute.
- John Gilbert Award
- Ethel Bond Memorial Consumer Award
- Samuel U. Rodgers, MD Achievement Award
- Louis S. Garcia Community/Migrant Health Services Award
- Norton Wilson State/Regional Leadership Award
- Jeffrey T. Latman Leadership in Health Care Finance Award (awarded in odd-numbered years)
- Health Professions Education and Training Award (awarded in odd-numbered years)
[NOTE: The Aaron L. Brown Memorial Public Service Award and the Innovative Research in Primary Care Award are given in even-numbered years.]
In nominating a candidate, consider the following questions:
- Who, in the health center arena, is setting higher standards of patient care and quality to better meet the challenges of the future?
- Who, in our health centers, is driving innovation in health care delivery and improving health outcomes within our communities?
- Who, among our peers, is demonstrating the type of leadership and advocacy that is moving the nation in new directions to meet community health needs?
Please review the following instructions and documents carefully. Each NACHC award carries its own eligibility criteria. All nominees must be current Individual Members of NACHC for a minimum of one (1) year. The only exceptions are for public officials nominated for the Aaron L. Brown Memorial Public Service Award and for the Innovative Research in Primary Care Award. (As noted, both of these awards are given in even-numbered years.) Nominated candidates must fully meet the specific award criteria in order to be considered. An individual may only be nominated for one award per year. A nomination is complete upon the submission of the following:
• The Principal Nomination Form
• Two Supporting Nomination Forms (the Principal Nominator cannot support his/her own nomination)
You do not need to be an Individual Member of NACHC to nominate or support a nomination.
Contact Susan Hansen at 301-347-0400 with any questions.