Creating, maintaining, and growing a successful community health center (CHC) involves an in-depth understanding of many statutory and regulatory requirements and a range of financial, operational, and clinical delivery systems.
Creating, maintaining, and growing a successful community health center (CHC) involves an in-depth understanding of many statutory and regulatory requirements and a range of financial, operational, and clinical delivery systems. In an ever-changing health care environment, health center leaders must find the right balance between mission, compliance, financial viability, and operational excellence.
Starting With Success: Building and Enhancing Your Health Center, is a 2-day, intensive training that provides an in-depth look at the fundamentals of running a high-performing federally qualified health center (FQHC). This “Health Center 101 ” training provides an overview of the Health Center Program, the statutory and regulatory requirements stemming from the Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act, and the Health Center Program Site Visit. In addition, this training will also provide a high level overview of health center operations, governance, financial systems, and clinical service delivery models.
NACHC is collaborating with the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County (CCALAC) to bring this training to Los Angeles. Health centers nationwide are welcome to attend. This training will feature national experts from the Bureau of Primary Health Care, current and former health center leaders, and staff from the National Association of Community Health Centers.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Provide health center leaders with a fundamental understanding of HRSA’s Health Center Program.
- Review the BPHC’s Compliance Manual and Site Visit Protocol.
- Outline the key components of a high-performing health center’s finances, operations, and service delivery models and highlight promising practices.
The National Association of Community Health Centers is pleased to offer the Revenue Cycle 360° Seminar. This two-day training provides in-depth guidance for key health center staff on the unique
The National Association of Community Health Centers is pleased to offer the Revenue Cycle 360° Seminar. This two-day training provides in-depth guidance for key health center staff on the unique and complex revenue cycle for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), including a deeper-dive into developing effective billing departments, analyzing and maximizing patient revenue and collections, and reporting on accounts receivable. In addition, this training will identify techniques and tools to improve coding and documentation to drive financial and operational performance and legal compliance.
- Establish effective billing and collections systems.
- Explain the characteristics and types of patient revenue.
- Formulate recommendations on how to maximize revenue through operational improvement strategies.
- Describe the importance of documentation and coding for correct reimbursement and legal compliance.
- Analyze the revenue cycle and comprehend the principles of cost-based reimbursement.
22 (Wednesday) 7:30 am - 23 (Thursday) 4:00 pm PT