Health Center Growth and Development
Whether you’re just starting a health center, or looking to expand the size and services of an existing center, the National Association of Community Health Centers is here to help. NACHC offers resources to support the application and readiness process, regional and national training opportunities, and technical assistance.
This website contains resources to help you develop or strengthen governance structure, clinical services, administration, and finance. In addition, we provide information important to health centers regarding federal grant requirements and legislation.
If you can’t find what you need here, or need more information, contact Ted Henson, Director, Health Center Performance and Innovation at 301-347-0474.
Past Training Events
- 2020 Starting with Success: Building and Enhancing Your Health Center | January 14 – 15 | Long Beach, CA
- Archived Webinar Series: Successfully Implementing HRSA’s Site Visit Protocol for the Operational Site Visit: A Two-Part Webinar Series for Health Centers (May 2019)
Key NACHC Resources
- So You Want to Start a Health Center (September 2019): This publication provides a guide for health care providers, organizations, public agencies, or community-based organizations and individuals interested in becoming part of the Health Center Program.
- Funded! Now What (November 2019): This publication provides a guide for health centers that received their first new access point award and are new, 330-funded, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). The guide provides an overview of the Health Center Program requirements and includes checklists to assist with the opening of the new health center.
- Public Centers Monograph (September 2019): This publication provides a foundational overview on health centers that are also public entities (i.e. health departments, public universities, etc.).