2018 Outreach and Enrollment Webinar Series and Resources
In 2018, through the support of Community Catalyst and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, NACHC hosted a series of webinars and resources on outreach and enrollment, as well as customizable materials to support community health centers in their health literacy and outreach efforts.
Outreach and Enrollment Funding Strategies and Partnerships
April 19, 2018
This webinar will explore innovative strategies and partnerships to ensure sustainable funding for outreach and enrollment activities.
Outreach and Enrollment in State Based Marketplaces
April 12, 2018
2:00-3:15 PM ET
This webinar highlighted outreach and enrollment successes, challenges and best practices in State-based Marketplace states.
Medicaid and CHIP Outreach & Enrollment
April 5, 2018
This webinar provided an overview of successes, challenges and best practices for Medicaid and CHIP outreach and enrollment under the Affordable Care Act.
O&E For Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands Hurricane Evacuees
February 13, 2018
This webinar discussed coverage issues for evacuees in the wake of severe weather events in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. This webinar is intended for health center focused outreach, enrollment, and enabling services staff or volunteers. PowerPoint presentations and a recording of the webinar are now available. NACHC presented this webinar in partnership with UnidosUS.
The webinar recording is now available.
2017 Open Enrollment Kick-Off Webinar: “Enrolling Hard-to-Reach Populations”
On October 25, 2016, the National Association of Community Health Centers held a webinar to help kick-off the fourth open enrollment period (OE4) titledd “Diving Deep to Enroll Hard-to-Reach Populations.” The webinar featured presentations from three organizations serving of traditionally hard-to-reach population. Each presenter shared useful tools, strategies, and resources to conduct outreach and enrollment activities as well as highlight innovative ways to partner with other community-based organizations.
- Karl Cooper, National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative Project Associate, American Association on Health and Disability
- Barbara DiPietro PhD, Senior Director of Policy, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- WyKisha McKinney, Program Director, Children’s Defense Fund – Texas
2014 NACHC Outreach and Enrollment Webinar (O&E) Series: “Sign Me Up!” Navigating the O&E Landscape
Between July and December 2014, the National Association of Community Health Centers presented a free webinar series: “Sign me up!” Navigating the Outreach and Enrollment Landscape. The series focused on important topics related to outreach and enrollment ranging from income determination to plan selection. The events were designed for enrollment assisters at community health centers in addition to other individuals and organizations doing outreach and enrollment work.
December 3, 2014: Strategies for Plan Selection and Estimating Annual Health Care Costs
This webinar provided an in-depth, detailed look at the key elements of health insurance sold in the Marketplaces. The speaker reviewed proven, effective strategies for helping consumers evaluate their options and selecting a plan that suits their needs.
Speaker: Dave Chandra, Senior Policy Analyst, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Moderator: Ted Henson, Director, Robert Wood Johnson Outreach and Enrollment Project, NACHC
November 12, 2014: NACHC Open Enrollment Period Kick-Off TeleForum
This TeleForum was held prior to the kickoff of the second open enrollment period (OE2) to convey key messages to health center assisters from a federal and national perspective and to build the momentum heading into OE2.
- Dr. Mandy Cohen, Principal Deputy Director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Dan Hawkins, Senior Vice President for Public Policy and Research, National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
October 22, 2014: Income Determination and Taxes: What Health Center Assisters Need to Know
This webinar featured an expert from the Center on Budget Priorities (CBPP) and a health center Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Tara Straw, a senior policy analyst at the CBPP, presented on specific issues related to taxes and income determination in the context of the enrollment process. Tony Calandro, CEO of Healthy Connections, highlighted a unique partnership between his health centers and the Internal Revenue Service that provides patients with access to tax assistance.
- Tara Straw, Senior Policy Analyst, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Tony Calandro, Chief Executive Office and General Counsel, Healthy Connections, Inc. Community Health Center, Mena, Arkansas
September 24, 2014: Preparing for the Unexpected in the Next Open Enrollment Period
- Sophie Stern, Deputy Director, Best Practices Institute, Enroll America
- Pat Edraos, Policy Director, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
- Liz Sanchez, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
July 30, 2014: Connecting Kids and Teens with Free and Low-Cost Coverage
- Donna Cohen Ross, Director, Enrollment Initiatives and Stakeholder Engagement, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services
- Colleen McCauley, Health Policy Director, Public Citizens for Children and Youth
- Liz Tansey, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, Colorado Community Health Network