1. NACHC Patient Centered Medical Home Institute (PCMHI)
The aim of NACHC’s PCMHI is to build capacity and infrastructure at the state, regional, and national levels to document and improve outcomes in quality, cost, patient and community engagement, and population health. The PCMHI will achieve these aims by developing state-based infrastructure in support of local health system transformation; engaging patients, communities and the health care workforce in vital partnerships around health; and supporting development of an infrastructure that uses metrics to drive improvements in health outcomes within underserved/high-risk populations.
Click here to access the NACHC White Paper.
The following resources have been developed by the Calfornia Primary Care Association (CPCA):
And the Urban Institute just released a timely analysis, "Will the Patient-Centered Medical Home Transform the Delivery of Health Care?," by Robert A. Berenson, Kelly J. Devers, and Rachel A. Burton, August 2011.
2. The Health Resources and Services Administration's (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Health Care provides a comparison chart of the HRSA Accreditation and Patient Centered Medical Health Home (PCMHH) Initiatives. The comparison chart informs health centers of the survey services available under HRSA's Accreditation contract with the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC), and PCMHH contract with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This chart can be found on the Accreditation Initiative and PCMHH Initiative websites. You can access the chart on either site by clicking the link located in the Related Resources box on the far right side of the page. For the Accreditation Initiative website click here and for HRSA Patient Centered Medical Health Home Initiative website click here. You are also invited to provide feedback on the comparison chart as a valuable resource to support Health Center Program grantees and partners in choosing the national quality recognition that best meets their needs. For more information about HRSA's National Quality Recognition Initiative, please contact the Office of Quality and Data at 301-594-0818 or Accreditationinitiative@hrsa.gov or PCMHHinitiative@hrsa.gov.
3. The Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research (AHRQ) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Resource Center for resources and tools related to the patient-centered medical home concept.
4. The Commonwealth Fund for comprehensive information on related research.
5. The Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC): "What is the Patient Centered Medical Home?" .
6. H2RMinutes is a FREE weekly e-newsletter that delivers the latest news about PCMH. H2RMinutes: Accountable Care is a bi-weekly e-news brief that delivers the latest news about the accountable care environment. Both of these resources are produced by Health2 Resources.
7. The Safety Net Medical Home Initiative (SNMHI). The Commonwealth Fund, Qualis Health and the MacColl Institute for Healthcare Innovation at the Group Health Research Institute have launched an initiative to help primary care safety net clinics become high-performing patient-centered medical homes. The goal of the Safety Net Medical Home Initiative is to develop a replicable and sustainable implementation model for medical home transformation.
8. The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) is another source of valuale information.
9. The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) offers a How-to Manual: "Obtaining Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition," and other relevant resources.