For over 50 years, Community Health Centers have garnered broad recognition and support from both the public and private sectors for their work in providing healthcare access to the nation’s medically underserved. As the national voice for community-based health centers, NACHC promotes the mission and accomplishments of health centers and works to secure ongoing support and resources to protect and strengthen health center services and expand access to them for people and communities in need.
Working in tandem with State and Regional Primary Care Associations, NACHC:
- Continuously monitors the changing health care environment at all levels.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of key legislative and regulatory issues affecting health centers and the delivery of health care to the medically underserved and uninsured.
- Educates policymakers, regulators, academia, corporate America and the public about the critical role Community Health Centers play in the nation’s health care system and on issues that impact health centers and the people they serve.
- Unites all community health advocates through a strong collective voice to ensure health care Access for All America.
Highlighted Events and Resources
New Policy Landscape for Community Health Center Integration of Behavioral Health & SUD/OUD Services. The NACHC Public Policy & Research team conducted an environmental scan to enhance NACHC’s policy agenda around behavioral health and substance use disorder (including opioid use disorder). The findings from interviews of leaders at roughly 20 health centers and 15 state PCAs are now available in two new publications, as well as a recorded webinar:
- Policy Paper Policy Landscape for Community Health Center Integration of Behavioral Health & SUD/OUD Services
- Policy Snapshot Landscape for Community Health Center Integration of Behavioral Health & SUD/OUD Services
- Webinar Recording The preliminary findings of the environmental scan were shared during a webinar presentation in July 2018. View the recording here.
Hot Topic Fact Sheet: Behavioral Health in Primary Care