Special Programming at PCA and HCCN Conference
Shared Governance Curriculum
Special Preconference Train-the-Trainer Workshop – For PCAs!
November 17, 2019 | 10:00am – 5:00pm Pacific time
Omni San Diego Hotel | San Diego, CA
Registration is now closed for the Shared Governance Curriculum Train-the-Trainer convening prior to the 2019 Primary Care Association (PCA) & Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) Conference at the Omni San Diego Hotel in San Diego, CA! Based on input and guidance from the NACHC/PCA-TTA Advisory Group, a NACHC/PCA-TTA Subgroup on Governance is developing a shared governance curriculum on a few key topics including board responsibilities and board composition/recruitment. Interested PCAs can use this curriculum to train board members at local conferences, via webinars, or in other ways in their state or region. The train-the-trainer will introduce participants to the curriculum and provide tools for deploying it, build the capacity of staff designated by PCAs to deliver foundational training to health center boards, and serve as another way to foster peer learning around support to health center boards.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify some of the unique opportunities and challenges involved in training health center boards
- Develop familiarity with two modules on health center board responsibilities and board composition/recruitment that can be delivered to health center boards in your state or region
- Build relationships with a network of peers that provide training and consultation to health center boards
Susan Decker, Governance Consultant
Emily Heard, Director of Health Center Governance Training, National Association of Community Health Centers
Members of the NACHC/PCA-TTA Subgroup on Governance:
- Cassidy Heit, Oklahoma Primary Care Association
- Katie Henley, formerly with Community Health Center Association of Connecticut
- Suzanne Rossel, Community Health Care Association of New York State
Registration and Pricing Information
Registration is open to staff from Primary Care Associations (PCAs).
Early bird (until November 1, 2019): $295
Regular (after November 1, 2019): $395
Space is limited to 50 participants – register today.
This training will take place at the Omni San Diego Hotel. Information on a discounted hotel room rate can be found here. The Omni is likely to sell out on the evening of Saturday, November 16. If you need alternative accommodations on Saturday, November 16, there are several additional hotels within a short distance including:
- Andaz San Diego (0.5 miles)
- Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Gaslamp (0.2 miles)
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront (0.5 miles)
- Hotel Indigo San Diego – Gaslamp Quarter (0.4 miles)
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter (0.1 miles)
- Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (0.8 miles)
For more information, contact Emily Heard at email@example.com.
This project was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under cooperative agreement number U30CS16089, Technical Assistance to Community and Migrant Health Centers and Homeless for $6,375,000.00 with 12 percent of the total NCA project financed with non-federal sources. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
2019 PCA and HCCN Conference Sponsors