NACHC’s Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP)
Accountable Care Academy
This training has not been scheduled for 2017.
NACHC and Starling Advisors are pleased to offer an educational and technical assistance training designed to inform and assist Health Centers with evaluating and participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) Accountable Care Academy. This offering is intended to build off NACHC’s previous Accountable Care Academy trainings.
This training is designed for Health Centers, PCAs, and HCCNs interested in understanding the practical application of population health. It focuses on the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP): diving into the specifics of the program, explaining the application process in detail, and using practical activities to reinforce key concepts needed to evaluate your organization and begin to positioning it for success. Although this training is designed to focus on the Medicare population, the practical applications are intended for use across all patient populations served by the Health Center.
Audience: PCA, HCCN, and Health Center C-suite individuals considering applying for the MSSP ACO (for either a 2017 or 2018 start date) and those interested in learning more about collaborating on an ACO. The information contained in the webinars and face to face training will be applicable for all types of accountable care arrangements.
By the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Medicare ACO/MSSP model & Value Proposition for safety net providers
- Gain an in-depth understanding of 2017 MSSP application process & required components Evaluate the governance model and partner selection criteria that will best support a competitive application
- Understand the planning steps required to create the participation agreement
- Identity patient attribution risk areas and mitigation strategies
- Identify ways to effectively collect and organize data.
- Learn how to evaluate proposed payment models and how clinical integration will impact Health Centers’ overall operations
Please contact Jennifer Nolty at jnolty (at) nachc (dot) com or call (301) 347-0400 with any questions.