Building the Capacity of Health Centers to Respond to COVID-19
As part of our efforts to support health centers’ response COVID-19 pandemic, NACHC is providing education, evidence-based research, and resources to build health centers’ capacity to more effectively respond to COVID-19 and future public health emergencies and better serve their patients. We are conducting this work in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in coordination with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
We will continuously update this page with the latest project developments and learnings. Learn about other NACHC COVID-19 initiatives.
3-Part National Strategy COVID-19 Response Learning Series
Join NACHC for our three-part National Strategy COVID-19 Response Webinar Series to help health centers continue to respond, recover, and reimagine patient care in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each webinar will dive into different challenges and explore opportunities around:
- business continuity planning
- data fundamentals
- promising health center models, workflows and lessons learned in response to COVID-19
Session 1: Leaning into the COVID-19 Pandemic
October 28, 2020 — Watch and listen to the webinar recording.
Session 2: Securing Your Path Forward
November 18, 2020 — Watch and listen to the webinar recording.
Session 3: Looking Over the Horizon
December 16, 2020, 1-2 PM, EST
COVID-19 Response and Recovery E-Newsletter
Multi-State Quality Improvement Effort
This year-long project is designed to build an infrastructure for data aggregation and quality improvement. NACHC is collaborating with six regional and state primary care associations and health center-controlled network (HCCN) partners to support better utilization of existing data, systems, and data collection of their patient populations that will describe the health burden, disparities, and overall impact of COVID-19.
Data will be gathered, analyzed, and entered into the NACHC registry on COVID-19 for quality improvement, public health surveillance, and outcomes evaluation. Registry data will be used to inform local, state, and national COVID-19 response efforts.
Crisis Business Continuity Planning Tools and Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted nearly every aspect of health centers’ infrastructure, clinical care, staff, and patients. Challenges include:
- quickly creating new patient care procedures and processes
- addressing staff’s mental, emotional, and physical stress, and
- finding new revenue streams when traditional ones were temporarily on hold.
NACHC and its partner, Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC), are developing a Crisis Business Continuity Planning curriculum and Action Guide with tools and customizable templates and lessons learned from the field. These business continuity planning products and resources will assist health center leadership teams that are developing or improving their plans for responding to COVID-19 and other business disruption crises.
- Nurses on the Front Line: Models for Flu and COVID-19 Vaccine Planning
- Flu Vaccination in a Pandemic: Leadership Lessons from Public Health Immunization Programs
- COVID-19 Vaccination Resource: Library” Increasing Influenza Vaccination Coverage
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook for Jurisdiction Operations
- Communicating the Benefits of Seasonal Influenza Vaccine during COVID-19
- Flu Vaccine Communications Resource Guide October 2020