Congratulations to the five health centers recognized as 2019 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions:
• Alexander Valley Healthcare (Cloverdale, CA)
• Charles City Regional Health Services, Inc. (Charles City, VA)
• Community Health Centers of Southeastern Iowa (West Burlington, IA)
• Esperanza Health Centers (Chicago, IL)
• Marshfield Clinic Health System (Marshfield, WI)
This year Million Hearts®, an initiative of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), recognized a total of 17 health care organizations, including community health centers that have demonstrated exceptional achievements in working with their patients to control hypertension. The champion organizations achieved 80 percent blood pressure control among their hypertensive population aged 18-85 years.
To learn more visit the Million Hearts® website.