Virtual Event FAQs
- What is a virtual event? A virtual event is essentially an event that you can attend from the comfort and convenience of your home, office, or wherever else you can think of, through your personal computer or mobile device. Think of it as attending a standard NACHC webinar but with the ability to engage with anyone else that is attending a conference either physically or online. We are bringing two worlds together for a shared unique experience!
- How do I register for a virtual event? Register for the virtual event by selecting the “Attend VIRTUALLY” option from the NACHC FOM/IT Registration webpage. Follow the on screen instructions by logging into iMIS and filling out the information required to register. This process will register you with a unique ID that lets us know that you should be receiving additional information regarding how to attend the conference via your computer or mobile device.
- When will I receive the instructions for attending the virtual event? NACHC is working diligently to prepare for this unique experience and will send you the necessary instructions within a couple of weeks of the event. Make sure that the email address associated with your registration is accurate and up to date so that there is no delay in receiving our communications.
- Can my computer or mobile device handle the virtual event? Most up to date computers and mobile devices such as laptops, desktops, and handheld tablets are capable of running the virtual event for you. Once the FOM/IT Virtual Conference event page is available, you will be able to perform what’s called a System Checker that will analyze your internet browser, internet connection, and network settings to be sure they are optimized for your viewing experience. If there is a warning issued by this System Checker, simply click on the Get Help button or call the support number provided so that we can get you fixed up and ready for the virtual event.
- What do I need to do on the day of the virtual event? On the morning of the event, you will receive a reminder that will look a lot like the initial virtual event email that you will have received a couple of weeks prior to the event. This will also contain a link that will automatically login to your account, and access the event page. Here, you will want to proceed to the Sessions tab, and click Attend Session for the session you choose. The system will allow you into the Session Player 15 minutes before the session starts. After each session, that Session Player will close and the event page should still be open. You will now be able to access the evaluation for the session under the Evaluations and CPE Transcript tab. Repeat this process for each session you wish to attend. After the event, please complete the Overall Evaluation which is found at the top of the Evaluation and CPE Transcript tab.
- What is the Session Player? The Session Player is the portal/media interface we’ve built for users to watch the stream from. It opens in a new window, so the event page always remains open. It has collapsible panels on either side, with the main video feed in the middle of the screen. Typically, the session information, live chat, and resources are on the left side – and the note-taking panel is on the right side. There’s a Request Support button on the bottom left of the player, this will open a private chat with a technical expert who can help you through any issue you might encounter.
- Do I have access to all of the educational sessions? In a word, yes! You will be given the opportunity to select which sessions you’d like to attend virtually. It is up to you to decide which sessions interest you in a given time block and to attend those sessions as desired. You may attend as many or as few sessions as you want.
- Will I be able to see the presenters for each session? Yes. You will be able to see all general session and educational session speakers along with their presentations.
- How will I earn credit for the educational sessions? To earn credit for any educational session you attend, you will have to respond to Attention Checker prompts that appear within the Session Player throughout the session. Depending on the type of credit you need to receive, you will have to respond to a certain number of Attention Checker prompts – 4 out of 5, 3 out of 4 – in order to receive credit once the session concludes.
- Can I ask questions during the educational sessions? We encourage you to ask questions at any time using the Questions area of the Session Player that uses a tool called Conferences i/o. This is a social Q&A tool that allows virtual attendees to pose questions from within the online conference Session Player and allows on-site attendees to pose questions from within the conference mobile app. These questions are then displayed to the session presenters for response during the live session or afterwards as a follow up. The social aspect of Conferences i/o stems from the ability for all users to upvote any questions that have already been asked by someone else (upvoting is merely agreeing that a question needs to be answered by voting for its importance).
- Can I share my virtual conference login information with other members of my team? For every paid registration to attend virtually, only one device (computer, laptop, tablet, phone) will be allowed to enter the virtual conference. The credits earned, the questions asked, and the polling conducted within that single login session are all tied to the account of the individual that purchased the virtual event. With that said, there is nothing stopping you from attending the virtual event and allowing your colleagues to enjoy the conference right next to you from wherever you are viewing the event!
- Can I access and view recordings of any sessions from the conference? Your virtual conference registration includes access to all educational session recordings after the event concludes. Don’t worry, you can view any sessions you missed out on as soon as the recordings for those sessions are made available on MyNACHC. All recorded sessions will be available for you to access at no additional charge.
- As a virtual attendee, how do I access my certificate and credits for attending the conference? For all the sessions that you completed all requirements for (passing the necessary number of attention checks and completing the session survey), you will receive a certificate through the Digitell Virtual platform. Additionally, in approximately 4-6 weeks post-conference, you will also be able to download your certificate from the MyNACHC learning center.
- How can I listen to recorded sessions and earn additional credits post-conference? Once the online recordings are uploaded with all relevant materials, you can listen to any recorded sessions on both the Digitell Virtual platform and the MyNACHC learning center. However, you can only earn additional credits when you watch a full recorded session through MyNACHC and pass the ten-question quiz at the end of the recording. This means that you can watch any sessions for educational purposes through Digitell, but to earn CEU credits (or credits towards the NACHC Governance program), you must watch the sessions and pass the quiz through the MyNACHC learning center. After logging into MyNACHC, you can find the “Recorded Sessions” under the “My Courses” tab.
Thank you to the 2020 Conference Sponsors: