A Note About Board Member Boot Camp
Board Member Boot Camp will next be offered prior to NACHC’s Community Health Institute (CHI) on August 26, 2023! Please check the CHI website for more information in spring/summer 2023.
The Policy & Issues Forum (P&I) will feature education for various audiences – including health center board members – on topics such as advocacy. Please check the P&I site for programming updates.
Additionally, NACHC now has over 50 resources available at no cost to support health center boards and board members. Please visit NACHC’s Governance Fact Sheet for information on resources to support your board. Some highlights include:
- Health Center Board Roles / Funciones de las juntas de los centros de salud – This video provides a high-level overview of health center board roles.
- Governance Guide for Health Center Boards / Guía para las Juntas Directivas del Centro de Salud – This resource provides an overview of board roles and good governance practice.
- Modules on Board Financial Oversight / Modulos en capitación financiera para la junta directiva – This five-part eLearning series focuses on board financial oversight and provides an overview of common financial statements.
- New Board Member Orientation: PowerPoint Template and Facilitator Guide – This template can be downloaded and adapted to a board’s own onboarding needs.
- Various topical videos are available to support board learning, including on the Sliding Fee Discount Program, Value-Based Payment, Strategic Planning; and more.
- Additional resources can be found on the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse Governance Quick Finds Section.