Tips for First Time Attendees
We are excited that you will be joining us at your first NACHC Policy & Issues (P&I) Forum! As a conference attendee, be ready to experience relevant educational sessions, amazing exhibits, and the best networking with like-minded professionals. The tips below will help you have an engaging and enjoyable conference experience.
Before You Go:
Plan ahead: Be familiar with the program before the event. General information, such as how to download the mobile app, registration hours, continuing education information, networking events, as well as general session and workshop descriptions, and Capitol Hill visits are available in the online program prior to the conference. Along with receiving a full program and a tote bag at the venue, a mobile app for P&I will also be available in the Google Play Store and Apple Store, just search for NACHC Mobile. On the mobile app, you can review and bookmark the sessions you want to attend.
Set your goals: Use the Educations Sessions At-A-Glace to design your customized conference experience. Decide what your goals are and plan each day accordingly. Consider focusing on a few topics that interest you and try to attend a few sessions outside of your area or specialty.
Networking: Areas for networking can be found throughout the conference. Participating in evening receptions and networking events can be a great way to meet new people and catch-up with those that you already know. Attend the many social gatherings that are planning throughout the conference – and don’t forget your business cards! Be sure to check out some of the can’t miss events below.
- Young Professionals Reception: Friday, March 29, 6 – 8 pm
- Healthcare Leadership Reception and Awards: Thursday, March 28, 6 – 8 pm
- Continental Breakfast in EXPO Hall: Friday, March 29, 7:30 – 8:30 am
- Conference Networking Reception in Expo Hall: Friday, March 29, 5 – 6 pm
- National LGBT Primary Care Alliance Reception: Friday, March 29, 6 – 7 pm
- Health Center Board Members Networking Event: Friday, March 29, 6 – 7 pm
- Membership Meet-Up (Invitation Only): Friday, March 29, 6 – 7 pm
At The Conference:
- Capitol Hill Visits: During P&I, thousands of health center advocates will take to Capitol Hill. Don’t go to the Hill unprepared. Be sure to attend the following sessions to make the most of your Hill visit.
- Be Ready to Head to the Hill: Wednesday, March 27, 12:30pm – 2:45pm
- State Delegation Meetings: Wednesday, March 27, 5:45 – 8 pm and 7 – 8 pm
- Capitol Hill Visits: Thursday, March 28, 8 am – 5 pm
Sessions and Events: Use your planned agenda as a guide to map out your daily schedule. The number of educational and vendor offerings make it impossible to do everything. Don’t worry – session materials and resources will be available online after the conference. Below are a few must attend events for first-timers.
- Be Ready to Head to the Hill: Wednesday, March 27, 12:30 pm – 2:45 pm
- Opening General Session: Wednesday, March 27, 3 pm – 5:30 pm
- General Session: Friday, March 29, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- General Session: Saturday, March 30, 10:30 am – 12 pm
EXPO Hall: Make sure to check out the vendors who are on hand to demonstrate and discuss a variety of products and services that streamline operations and enhance patient care.
- EXPO Hall Open: Friday, March 29, 7:30 am – 6 pm
NACHC Board Member Boot Camp: To be effective, board members must be fully knowledgeable about their roles and responsibilities and the many issues their health centers face. (Special Registration Required).
- NACHC Board Member Boot Camp: Wednesday, March 27, 8:00am – 2:45pm
Stay Connected: Wear your badge as it will account for any continuing education credits you receive. Also, keep track of all the conference activities via social media. Follow @NACHC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and use the hashtag #NACHC19PI.