December 13, 2023
Cultivating Gardening and Farming Programs at Community Health Centers to Address Food and Nutritional Insecurity
November 30, 2023 at 3 pm ET (75 min. total)
Food insecurity in our nation has worsened because of COVID-19, elevating it to one of the foremost national social risks. According to 2021 data from the USDA, it’s estimated that nearly 34 million people, including 5 million children, experience food insecurity. This issue is particularly acute for health center patients who face numerous complex barriers in their pursuit of healthy and affordable food choices.
NACHC’s SDOH Team is hosting this farm to community webinar to showcase two community health centers that have taken proactive measures to combat hunger within their local communities. Our speakers will offer an in-depth look into their respective programs as they share their promising practices, lessons learned along the way, and the pivotal partnerships they have forged to nurture and sustain their vital work.
- Recognize the Significance of Nutritious Food Access: Gain insights on the critical importance of nutritious food access and how food insecurity disproportionately affects communities nationwide.
- Acquire Strategies to Tackle Food Insecurity: Explore promising practices and gain insights from successful programs across the country, addressing food insecurity and meeting nutritional needs.
- Leverage Community and Corporate Partnerships for Food Security: Discover how strategic partnerships with both community organizations and corporations can provide sustainable opportunities for the growth and maintenance of food and nutrition security initiatives.
- Megan Inada, DrPH – Research Coordinator, Kōkua Kalihi Valley Comprehensive Family Services
- Allyson Ijima – Research Assistant, Kōkua Kalihi Valley Comprehensive Family Services
- Karen Mandel, LMSW, Senior Director, Community Health, Open Door Family Medical Center
- Sara Hodgdon, Director of HITCH & SBHC Operations, Open Door Family Medical Center
- Leanna D’Agostino, Program Manager, Wellness, Open Door Family Medical Center
Not Found LocalTime
Not Found Map
Not Found Speakers
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This event is Virtual.