January 16, 2024
Exploring PACE for Your Health Center
Peer-to-Peer Learning Exchange and Site Visits to San Ysidro Health PACE
Community Health Institute & EXPO 2023 Special Pre-Con Event
Join us in learning more about the Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), how your health center could increase resources for aging patients and community members, and network with peers already managing PACE throughout the country. Presented as part of the 2023 CHI & EXPO.
WHEN: Thursday, Aug. 24th | 9-5pm
WHERE: Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, CA
In the United States, the largest and fastest-growing population of patients seen at community health centers are those 65 and older. The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) provides comprehensive medical and social services to those in our communities who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
This session will explore what PACE has brought to their communities, the current state of PACE across the country, the partnerships of PACE and health centers, financing a PACE model, and taking a comprehensive look at existing partnership models and the impact they have had on their older patients. By the end of the session, participants will acquire a comprehensive understanding of the tremendous healthcare impact of PACE and will leave equipped with operational and financial strategies to build successful PACE model and bring this customized care to their communities.
Faculty include leaders from:
- National PACE Association (NPA)
- Capital Link
- San Ysidro Health
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Additional leaders from PACE initiatives across the country
Schedule, August 24, 2023
8:30am Breakfast and Networking
9am-12:15pm Panel Presentations and Peer-to-Peer Engagements
- PACE Today: Taking A Closer Look at Today’s PACE Programs (discussion with leaders from NPA and NACHC on current trends, policies impacting PACE, roundtable with health center leaders of long-serving and newer PACE initiatives on current issues
- Financing PACE (discussion with leaders from Capital Link and NACHC on financial modeling for planning to launch, implement, and manage a PACE initiative, roundtable with health center CFOs managing PACE)
- Partnership and PACE (roundtable with health center/PACE leaders on partnership models that have allowed them expand PACE resources to new health centers and affiliations with like-minded partners)
1:15pm-12:45pm Lunch and Networking
1pm-~5pm Site visits to San Ysidro Health and El Cajon Family Health Center (two local PACE sites (transportation provided to and from hotel to the centers; all attendees will visit both sites)
Attendees are invited to two additional events on Friday August 25 as part of their registration:
- NACHC’s Subcommittee on Healthy Aging holds an open meeting on Friday from 10:30am-12:30pm (Room TBD).
- There is an invitation-only reception for pre-con attendees and others on Friday from 5pm-6pm. This is an opportunity to network with NACHC leaders, partners in the PACE community, and each other (Room TBD).
Health centers are encouraged (but not required) to bring two leaders to this learning experience, at least one from the clinical team (CMO, CNO, geriatric clinician) and one from the administration team (CEO, COO, CFO, or lead strategist).
EXTENDED Early bird registration, August 18: $225 (member) / $450 (non-member)
Regular registration, August 21: $275 (member) / $500 (non-member)
Registration includes Breakfast, lunch, transportation to and from two health center sites from the Manchester Hyatt, access to invite-only reception (next evening, 08/25, 5pm-6pm).
There will be no on-site registration for this event.
Questions? Email Jason Patnosh, Assoc. Vice President, Partnership, Development & Innovation, NACHC (email@example.com).
Not Found LocalTime
Not Found Labels
Not Found Map
Not Found Speakers
Not Found Data