The team-based care model is not new to health centers and is now the foundation for all successful practice transformation. During this session, participants will learn how to staff and
The team-based care model is not new to health centers and is now the foundation for all successful practice transformation. During this session, participants will learn how to staff and manage the care team in order to both construct and sustain a culture of excellence and high-performance. You will learn strategies and best practices to reduce burnout, improve the patient and staff experience, and identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to benchmark and track operational success. Participants will learn the role of leadership, and management, in aligning the team-based model across departments. The session will be interactive with hands-on activities to enrich the learning experience.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate current workflows to reduce care team burnout.
- Recommend a care team model to exceed operational and clinical goals.
- Validate performance improvement through the application of Key Performance Indicators.
- Implement a LEAN model to improve operational efficiency.
- Apply provide practice transformation strategies and approaches within the organization.
Melissa Stratman, Chief Executive Officer, Coleman Associates
Amanda Laramie, Process Redesigner, Coach and Training, Coleman Associates
Tracy Casto, Director of Nursing, Johnson Health Center
April Lewis, Director, Health Center Operations and Human Resources Training, NACHC