Operations & Human Resources
NACHC elevates a health center’s operational performance and human resource capabilities with tools and training for more efficient clinic operations. We develop the skills of those who manage recruitment and retention, hiring, credentialing and professional development. Our TTA programs are designed to enhance critical decision-making and positively impact care delivery, change management, patient/staff satisfaction, and compliance with employment laws and Health Center Program requirements.
NACHC’s comprehensive range of operations TTA programs incorporate timely publications, webinars, office hours and supportive community networks. These programs are shaped by experts and staff who’ve served in the role of Health Center COO/CFO, Practice Administrator, Operations Project Manager and Reimbursement Director.
On this page
Gain valuable skills
- Review and update existing practices for patient enrollment and data collection. Elements include consent, virtual care protocol, call center and front desk management, screening for social determinants of health, workflows, interpreters, patient education, referrals, coding and more.
- Improve Electronic Health Records (EHRs) for better compliance, performance, and patient/provider experiences.
- Join learning collaboratives, mentoring, or coaching programs where participants can benefit from a network of support and open communication.
- Develop stronger human resources management and training programs that address challenges, improve workflows and support staff wellbeing.
Upcoming 2021-2022 Training Events
Fundamental Training Programs
- Practical Art of Health Center Operations (PAHCO)
- Cultivating Health Center Operations (CHCO)
- Elevating Health Center Operations (EHCO)
Technical Assistance Office Hours & Learning Collaboratives
NACHC offers direct assistance and assistance through the National Training and Technical Assistance Partnerships (NTTAP) with subject matter experts from federal agencies and relevant industries. Browse:
- NACHC’s Monthly 340B/Pharmacy Office Hours (with archived recordings)
- Noddlepod (message board with office hours)
- NACHC’s Monthly Telehealth Office hours (with archived recordings)
- NACHC-hosted User Groups for HIT, EHR, and Cybersecurity User groups for: eClinicalWorks, NextGen, Greenway Intergy, athenaPractice/athenaflow and athenaone
Quick TTA Resources
COVID-19 Response and Support
Educational programs are tailored and constantly updated to meet ongoing challenges. COVID-19 specific resources can be found in the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse.
- Developing Workflows to Strengthen CHW Roles within the Health Center Response to COVID-19 (learning collaborative)
- Patient Confidentiality and Telehealth Package
- Re-opening Dental Practices during COVID-19: Legal Analysis (English/Spanish)
NACHC’s TTA programs are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,625,000 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.