Early bird registration ends May 29! Register NOW.
NACHC’s Elevating Health Center Operations training provides an opportunity for health center CEOs, COOs, other C-Suite/senior leaders, and operations managers to delve into the critical components that factor into the quadruple aim of quality healthcare, including: enhancing the patient experience, improving population health, reducing costs, and improving the work life of all health center employees. These components include a deep dive into key elements of health center operations in addition to employee engagement, business intelligence, and leadership development.
By the end of this two-day training, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the process and identify your health center’s readiness to become an Employer of Choice.
- Implement the attributes of becoming an high-performing organization.
- Describe the goals of advanced reporting and summarize methods for achieving accurate and timely reports.
- Develop an emergency operations plan to comply with CMS requirements.
- Create dashboards to track performance for operational decision-making.
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites and or Pre Work: A minimum of five years working in the health care sector in an operations, management, or administrative role
Gary Campbell, Owner & Founder, Impact2Lead
Curt Degenfelder, Principal, Curt Degenfelder Consulting, Inc.
Melissa Stratman, CEO, Coleman Associates
Joseph Denney, RN, MS Data Science, CHIO Oklahoma Primary Care Association
Jonathan Chapman, Capital Link, Director of CHC Advisory Services
Nora O’Brien, MPA, CEM, Chief Executive Officer, Connect Consulting Services
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Joan Watson-Patko, MSW
Oregon Primary Care Association
Chief Executive Officer
Northwest Regional Primary Care Association
Early bird (by May 29, 2019): $575
Regular (after May 29, 2019): $675
Last day to register online: June 5, 2019
*Registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks for morning and afternoon breaks.
Crowne Plaza Portland, Downtown Convention Center
1441 NE 2nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97232
Telephone: (503) 233-2401
Hotel Group Rate: $159/night, single/double (plus taxes)
Guests may also call the hotel and reference “NACHC” as the group name.
Cutoff Date: May 28, 2019 or until the block has sold out, whichever occurs first.
Continuing Education Credits:
This training has been recommend for 16 CPE credits in the “Specialized Knowledge and Applications” Category.
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) provides continuing education credits through NASBA. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. (Sponsor#108392)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,375,000 with 18% non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
NACHC offers training to assist CEOs, COOs, Practice Administrators and other clinical and non-clinical managers and supervisors in the challenges of leading and managing the daily operations of a community health center. As a technical resource, NACHC has on staff a former health center leader with over a decade of experience in various operational roles including COO/CFO, Practice Administrator, Operations Project Manager and Reimbursement Director.
Our areas of expertise include:
Operational Workflow Management and Transformation
- Call Center and Front Desk Management
- Customer Service and the Patient Experience
- Performance and Process Improvement
- Scheduling and Productivity
Leadership and Management
- Coaching, Mentoring, Staff Development
- Building Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
Data and Measurement
- Gathering, Reporting and Evaluating Data
- Performance Indicators
Budgeting, Profitability and Cash Flow
- Operational Decision-Making and the Financial Impact
- Cost Containment
- NACHC manages Electronic Health Record User Groups for eClinicalWorks, NextGen, Greenway Intergy, Greenway SuccessEHS, GE Centricity and Athena. Learn more.
- Publications: Privacy and Security, HIE, Data/Analytics, Patient Portals, Business Intelligence Strategy
- National Partnerships: ONC, HRSA, CMS, HIMSS, HITEQ
- The Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) Resource Guide provides updated information about existing health center networks and an overview of their services. Now available online.
For technical assistance or questions regarding operations training content, contact April Lewis, Director, Health Center Operations and HR Training at (301) 347-0400.