Climate Action Training Toolkit & Training Tailored for Health Centers
NACHC is partnering with Climate for Health at ecoAmerica to give our members resources to equip health professionals with the knowledge and hands-on experience to speak and act confidently on climate change, the impacts on health, and solutions.
As part of our partnership, we’re excited to offer a free, virtual, 4-hour training that can be taken at your own pace. Take the training for 3 continuing education credits today by using the code “NACHC.“
What is the Climate for Health Ambassadors Training?
With this training, local health professionals will learn how to inspire their colleagues, associations, community, the public, and policymakers to bring forth climate solutions that help protect the health of our families and communities now, and ensure a prosperous, just, and secure future. The training is interactive and delivered through a learning management system. So, you can do this training on your own time and at your own pace! Three units of Continuing Education (CE) credits are available upon completion.
Course content includes:
- Introduction from NACHC, The Health Case for Climate Action
- Climate Science Overview
- Impacts to Human Health, Health Equity
- Climate Solutions and Benefits, Climate Solutions at FQHCs
- Communicating on Health and Climate
- Advocacy and Engagement
- Make a Difference as an Ambassador
How to sign up?
- Go to https://ecoamerica.litmos.com/self-signup/
- Click on the sign-up link under the Climate Ambassador Training and enter the code NACHC to register
- Then, check your email for the invitation to set up your profile and get started!
- You will have 6 weeks to complete the training. During this time you will receive reminders to check in on your progress.
What are the Benefits of Completing an Ambassador Training?
Upon completion of the training, we invite you to sign the Ambassador Pledge and become a Climate for Health Ambassador.
Signing up gives you access to:
- Tools, resources and events to act and advocate for climate solutions.
- Access to a private online sharing and collaboration community of Ambassadors from across the nation who are passionate about being a voice for climate solutions.
- Quarterly calls with all Climate for Health Ambassadors across multiple health professions.
This online community is also where you will access the support and resources for the Climate for Health Ambassador program including the slides from the training, slides for giving talks to others, and talking points to use in your own climate action.
Environmental Health Initiative
Learn more about the activities and resources NACHC is making available to health centers.