Look-Alike Health Centers
A Health Center Program look-alike is a HRSA-designated health center that provides comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services consistent with Health Center Program requirements, like HRSA-funded Health Center Program award recipients.
Look-Alikes were established to maximize access to care for medically underserved populations and communities by allowing entities that do not receive Health Center Program funding to apply to become part of the Health Center Program.
Health Center Program Award Recipients and Look-Alikes Similarities
- Both provide comprehensive primary care services that are responsive to identified health care needs
- Both provide services to all persons regardless of ability to pay
- Both must meet all Health Center Program requirements
How NACHC Supports Look-Alike Health Centers
NACHC offers a Spring/Summer Look-Alike Learning Collaborative annually. This Learning Collaborative provides leadership teams from Look-Alike Health Centers an opportunity to connect with peers and exchange tools, resources, and best practices on selected topics. Additional office hours will be offered to Learning Collaborative Participants. Stay Tuned for Information on NACHC’s 2024 Learning Collaborative.
NACHC’s Look-Alike Task Force
Created in Summer 2022, this new Task Force will serve as a working group that:
- Coordinates efforts to demonstrate the role of Look-Alikes in providing access to care;
- Advocates for federal funding for New Access Points; and
- Advises NACHC on the technical assistance needs of Look-Alikes
Health Center Growth & Development
Our resources and programs provide a fundamental understanding of the Health Center Program, various health center models, and essential factors to consider when preparing to transition into a 330-funded Health Center through New Access Point (NAP) Funding or as a Health Center Program Look-Alike. NACHC also provides support and materials for conducting your health center’s community needs assessment, ensuring Health Center Program compliance, and facilitating the provision of enabling services.