The Value Transformation Framework, developed by NACHC’s Quality Center, is a conceptual model to guide systems change by translating research and promising practices into manageable steps health centers can apply to improve care and outcomes.
The Framework identifies 15 change areas across three domains: Infrastructure, Care Delivery, and People
Three Overarching Domains
Infrastructure encompasses the components, including health information systems, policies, and payment structures that build the foundation for delivering reliable high-quality health care.
- Action Guide: Improvement Strategy
- Action Guide: Payment
- Reimbursement Tips: Advanced Care Planning
- Reimbursement Tips: Behavioral Health Integration
- Reimbursement Tips: Care Management
- Reimbursement Tips: Chronic Pain Management
- Reimbursement Tips: Diabetes Self Management/Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Reimbursement Tips: Initial Prevention Exam/Annual Wellness Visit
- Reimbursement Tips: Mental Health Telehealth
- Reimbursement Tips: Psychiatric Collaborative Care Model
- Reimbursement Tips: Remote Patient Monitoring/Self Measured Blood Pressure
- Reimbursement Tips: Transitional Care Management
- Reimbursement Tips: Telehealth
- Reimbursement Tips: Tobacco Cessation
Care Delivery encompasses the processes and proven approaches used to provide care and services to individuals and target populations, such as evidence-based care and social drivers of health.
Care Coordination and Care Management
Social Drivers of Health
People encompasses the stakeholders who receive, provide and lead care at the health center, as well as partners that support the goals of high-value care.
Governance and Leadership
Take the First Step
Self-assess your health center’s progress toward transformation using our Value Transformation Framework assessment portal. This portal offers free, online tools designed to guide health centers in areas of system change fundamental to advancing on the Quintuple Aim using NACHC’s Value Transformation Framework.