January 16, 2024
Exploring Health Center Pathways to Health Equity Workshop
Saturday, August 26th 8:30 am-12:30 pm
This workshop, part of the 2023 CHI & EXPO, will address the long-term impacts of structural racism, oppression, and bias in health care and the communities that are being served. Participants will engage in active discussions about the relationships between identity, power, privilege, and the importance of integrating community voice in health equity efforts at the patient and care team levels, organizational and community levels, and payment and policy levels.
The workshop will involve individual and group activities to examine how social drivers of health (SDOH) and structural barriers impact community health and well-being. By the end of the workshop, participants will acquire a comprehensive understanding of key concepts, actions, and strategies that foster health equity and address the influence of structural racism in health centers and the communities they serve.
- Unpacking our personal stories and creating space for transformational change
- Develop an awareness of the complex interrelationships between identity, power, and privilege, and their impact on policies, systems, and structures, which in turn directly shape care practices and community engagement.
- Gain insights into the ways in which institutional and societal structures shape health care experiences, perpetuate disparities, and contribute to inequities in care and community engagement.
- Understand the significance of incorporating community voice in health equity efforts and identify potential strategies for community engagement.
- Learn actionable strategies for health centers to advance health equity and confront the impact of structural racism across various levels of influence.
Questions? Email Nālani Tarrant, Deputy Director, SDOH, email@example.com
Not Found LocalTime
Not Found Map
Not Found Speakers
Not Found Data