Health centers care for more than 1 in 6 Medicaid beneficiaries nationally, and roughly half (49%) of health center patients are Medicaid beneficiaries. Not only are health centers’ doors open to all, regardless of ability to pay or insurance status, they generate incredible value to the health care system. On average, health centers save 24% of health care costs per Medicaid beneficiary when compared to other providers.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ website for the Medicaid program contains links to important policy and regulations, as well as state specific information.
Partnership for Medicaid
Founded by NACHC, this nonpartisan, nationwide coalition is made up of organizations representing health care providers, safety net health plans, counties, and labor. The goal of the coalition is to preserve and improve the Medicaid program.
The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
CHIP, is a crucial source of health care coverage for nearly 10 million children nationwide and a valuable partner to health centers. About a third of all health center patients are kids, and CHIP and health centers together help make sure these kids get the high-quality care they deserve.
- Open Enrollment Period 11 is Here: Don’t Fall Back from Coverage! Nov 21, 2023 Guide
- Diving Into the Data: What’s Happening with Medicaid Renewals? 8-Month Status Update Nov 21, 2023 Data and Maps
- Value of Medicaid Expansion Sep 01, 2021 Fact Sheet
- Value of Medicaid Expansion - English Dec 01, 2021 Infographic
- Value of Medicaid Expansion - Spanish Dec 01, 2021 Infographic
- Health Centers and Medicaid May 15, 2018 Fact Sheet