Expanding the Use of Data and Technology
NACHC’s Clinical Informatics programs empower health center staff to improve patient care by using Electronic Health Records (EHR), HIT tools, and data more effectively. Our efforts aim to educate care teams in informatics principles and techniques and enable providers to manage populations and close care gaps. We:
- Develop standards and efficiencies for data governance, data integrity, and data use.
- Build and support data infrastructure (the systems needed to collect, use, and share data) so staff can improve governance and meet patient needs.
- Drive data-informed care by offering training to better understand and use data and technology.
- Integrate data systems by standardizing definitions for data and reporting (creating harmony).
- Advocate for industry-wide solutions through partnerships with health centers, Primary Care Associations (PCAs), Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCNs), national organizations and federal agencies.
- Use human-centered design by integrating patients and care teams into quality improvement efforts.
- Engage and reduce stress for staff from health centers, PCAs and HCCNs by building enduring technical/data capacity that improves workflow and effectiveness.
- Aggregate and standardize data to share results, findings, and provide feedback across the public health continuum.
- Chart Prep Workflow Covenant Apr 03, 2023 PDFs/Documents
- Quality Data Quality Assurance Worksheet Mar 23, 2023 PDFs/Documents
- Human-Centered Design Infographic May 02, 2022 Infographic
- Tracking and Extracting Local Data from Health Records May 02, 2022 Data and Maps
- Clinical Research in the Health Center Setting: Managing Legal and Compliance Risks Jun 14, 2021 PDFs/Documents