Training for Health Center Professionals
NACHC’s training program strives to empower adult learners with strategies and best practices to address challenges facing today’s health centers. Regional training workshops are offered nationally, throughout the year. Online learning events and other educational resources are provided on an ongoing basis.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the past three years, NACHC Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) served more than 23,000 staff at over 1,200 community health centers. NACHC’s TTA program continues to be a trusted resource to health centers. Check out the NACHC TTA Fact Sheet to learn more about how our work plan; federal, state and national partnerships; and training and resource delivery strategically align with the health center mission.
NACHC is closely monitoring the widespread and unprecedented effects of the COVID-19 crisis on health center operations. We remain committed to serving health centers and are working to tailor our educational programs to meet these and other ongoing challenges.
2020 Webinars and Online Learning
|Date||Title||Delivery Mode||Location and/or Contact|
|June 3 – July 29||New 4-part Series
Accountable Care Academy
|Online||3:00 pm – 4:00 pm EDT|
|June 4 – August 6||Thursday, July 9, 2020||Online||
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT
*June 25: Reducing Talent Burnout & Increasing Workforce Resiliency
*A recording will be available soon.
|Ongoing||NACHC Online Library||Online Resources||Online
|Ongoing||NACHC Leadership Trainings
|Virtual Learning and Peer Networking Community||Online|
|Ongoing||*Leadership Coaching Services for
Health Center Staff
|In-person and Virtual One-on-one and Group Training||Virtual
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Telehealth Office Hours
Unless otherwise noted, all projects listed are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,375,000 with individually noted percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.
NACHC is closely monitoring the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and is making adjustments to in-person events.
Keep checking http://www.nachc.org/trainings-and-conferences/ regularly for updates!
2020 Regional Training Events
|Date||Training Title||Delivery Mode||Location and/or Contact|
|July 10||Save the date!
|Online||The call for abstracts will be open until Friday, July 10, 2020 at 8 PM ET.|
|August 30||Early bird registration ends August 3!
|Virtual only||Online preconference session to CHI@Home|
|August 31– September 1||Now open for registration!
|Unless otherwise noted, all projects listed are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,375,000 with individually noted percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.
For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
*Indicates projects not supported by the HRSA cooperative agreement.
HRSA’s Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) has charged the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) with establishing a National Resource Center (NRC) and creating an online resource repository to meet the information needs of professionals for the purpose of building stronger and healthier communities. The Health Center Resource Clearinghouse addresses the demands placed on a busy public health workforce by providing resources and tools to acquire and use targeted information on a daily basis.
Below is a partial listing of recent resources published to the “Clearinghouse.” To find out move, visit https://www.healthcenterinfo.org/.
- Accountable Care for Health Center Boards
- Successful Practices in Accountable Care: Financial and Operational Analysis, Management and Strategy
- 5-part Podcast Series: Strategies to Manage Financial Operations During COVID-19
- Medicare FQHC Reimbursement
- Financial and Operational Contingency Planning: Strategic Tips for Health Centers
Health Center Board Governance
- Adapt, Refocus, and Retool: How Health Center Boards Can Support a Focus on the Future
- The Board and CEO Partnership During the Current Public Health Emergency also available in Spanish
(Asociación entre la Junta y el CEO durante la emergencia actual de salud pública)
- Virtual Board Meetings: Tips for Health Center Boards also available in Spanish
(Reuniones virtuales de la junta: consejos para las juntas de los centros de salud)
- Virtual Board Meetings: A Spotlight on One Health Center’s Approach
Legal Considerations: Board Meetings During COVID-19
- Governance Guide for Health Center Boards (note: this resource replaces the former Health Center Program Governing Board Workbook)
- Coming soon! Manual de Gobierno para las Juntas Directivas del Centro de Salud (Spanish translation of Governance Guide for Health Center Boards)
- Modules on Board Financial Oversight
- Finance Training for Boards of Directors: The Board’s Role in Financial Oversight
- Re-opening Dental Practices during COVID-19: Legal Analysis also available in Spanish
(COVID-19: reapertura de consultorios dentales)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Non-Traditional Financing for FQHCs during COVID-19
- HIPAA Compliance and Telework
- 5 W’s of Business Intelligence
- A Guide for Rural Health Care Collaboration and Coordination
Outreach and Enabling Services
- Key Considerations for Developing Core Competencies for Health Center Enabling Services Staff: A Guide for Health Centers
- Coming soon! Outreach and Enabling Services 4 – Part Webinar Series
- Enabling Services Case Study: A Focus on Apprenticeships
- Enabling Services Case Study: A Focus on Food Insecurity
- Enabling Services Case Study: A Focus on Behavioral Health
- Enabling Services Case Study: A Focus on Field-Based Services
- So You Want to Start a Health Center?
- Funded! Now What?
- Public Centers Monograph
- Field Inspiration Video Series: Health Center Leaders Encouraging Resilience and Finding Inspiration
- Managing Crisis through Resilient Leadership COVID-19 Resource Packet
- “Success Stories: Health Centers & Military Veterans”
- Identification of Military Veterans Upon Implementation of a Standardized Screening Process in a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Partnering with the VA to Provide Care for Veterans in Community Health Centers: Fact Sheet
- Veteran Community Care Program Toolkit for Health Centers
- Providing Care for Veterans in Community Health Centers: Fact Sheet – January 2019 Update
- Success Stories: Health Centers & Military Veterans
All projects listed are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,375,000 with individually noted percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
National and S/R PCA and HCCN Training Summary
This monthly publication showcases current and upcoming training offerings from NACHC, state and/or regional Primary Care Associations (PCAs), Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCNs), and other National Cooperative Agreement (NCA) partners. For more information or to share information in the next issue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NACHC Trainings Are Green!
1. All course presentations will be available in the MyNACHC Learning Center before the course for download (hard copies of presentation slides will not be provided on-site).
2. All course worksheets, toolkits, case studies, etc. utilized on-site during the training will still be provided in hard copy.
What if I want copies of the course presentations to take notes?
- Once you register for a NACHC training course, specific instructions for accessing the course materials will be sent to you in advance of the scheduled on-site course.
- You can download the materials prior to the course and print them on your own.
- Download the materials prior to the course and take notes electronically within the document if you bring your personal electronic devices.