We are now accepting applications for membership on NACHC committees! NACHC’s committees assist the Board by identifying priorities, conducting detailed deliberation, and making recommendations for assigned areas. Scroll down for details on who can apply and how to apply.
List of NACHC Committees
Apply to serve on one of the following committees:
- Bylaws Committee
- Clinical Practice Committee
- Committee on Agricultural Worker Health
- Committee on Health Center Excellence and Training
- Committee on Service Integration for Behavioral Health and HIV
- Consumer/ Board Member Committee
- Credentials Committee
- Finance Committee
- Health Care for the Homeless Committee
- Health Care in Public Housing Task Force
- Health Center Controlled Networks Task Force
- Health Policy Committee
- Subcommittee on Health Aging
- Subcommittee on Health Center Financing and Operations
- LGBTQ Health Task Force
- Legislative Committee
- Membership Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Rules Committee
- Rural Health Committee
Information on Applying for Committee Appointments
NACHC solicits committee applications by e-mail, through the website, and at the Annual Meeting in odd-numbered years. NACHC’s Chair of the Board makes all committee appointments. Appointment notices are mailed in early December.
Serving on a NACHC Committee
NACHC’s committees assist the Board by identifying priorities, conducting detailed deliberation, and making recommendations for assigned areas.
Committee appointments begin January 1, for a two-year term. NACHC’s Committees meet in conjunction with two major conferences: The Policy and Issues Forum [P&I] (usually in March), and the Annual Meeting and Community Health Institute [CHI] (in August or September), and participate in conference call meetings when scheduled.
All Committees meet at the start of both the Annual Meeting/CHI and the P&I. Non-participation can affect reappointment to committees, subcommittees, and task forces in the future. All current committee members must reapply each term.
To be eligible for committee appointment, you must be:
- a staff or board member of a primary care program that is a NACHC Organizational Member in good standing, staff of a CHC-directed network that is a NACHC Associate Member in good standing, or staff of a NACHC-affiliated primary care association, AND
- a NACHC Individual Member in good standing, AND
- able to represent your region at committee meetings and, when necessary, via e-mail or telephone during the year
Please select up to three requested committee appointments. In order to meet your committee responsibilities and avoid scheduling conflicts, please do not select more than one committee in a particular time block. While we make every effort to honor requests, all choices may not be accommodated.
The Membership staff is ready to help you. Please contact Susan Hansen at 301-347-0400.