Health Center Growth & Development
NACHC’s Health Center Growth and Development (HCGD) portfolio offers the information and resources needed to plan, start, and/or successfully expand a Health Center. NACHC collaborates closely with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) to provide training opportunities, learning collaboratives, and one-on-one technical assistance for organizations looking to become part of HRSA’s Health Center Program. Our information and programs offer a foundational overview of the Health Center Program, health center models, and key considerations for preparing to become a 330-funded Health Center or Health Center Program Look-Alike, as well as operational and program-specific information.
For greater insight, findings from NACHC’s National Health Center Needs Assessment shapes and improves HCGD programs with information about real-time success, challenges, needs, and opportunities.
On this page
Gain valuable skills
- Learn the fundamental components of HRSA’s Health Center Program.
- Define Section 330 compliance requirements.
- Outline key considerations and requirements for planning/starting a 330-funded Health Center and/ or a Health Center Program LookAlike.
- Identify essential components for high-performing health centers in terms of governance, operations, finance, and clinical services.
- Understand special models of health centers, such as Public Centers.
- Select and apply relevant HRSA resources and tools.
- Strengthen newly funded health centers in their first 120 days and first year of operations (and beyond).
Upcoming 2022 Training Events
New Medicaid Webinar
PHE Unwinding Readiness for Health Centers: Strategies for Preparing Medicaid Beneficiaries for Eligibility Determinations
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 | 1:00 – 2:15 pm ET
This webinar features national policy experts and community health center outreach and enrollment leaders and staff who will highlight their strategies and efforts to prepare their patients and communities for the end of the PHE.
Speakers will share the unique tools, resources, messaging, partnerships, and other strategies they are deploying to prepare Medicaid enrollees for the end of the PHE.
New 3-Part 2022 OSV Webinar Series
Creating and Maintaining a Culture of Continuous Compliance: Preparing for HRSA’s Operational Site Visit and Beyond
July 12, 13, and 14, 2022 | 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET
Registration is now open for NACHC’s annual webinar series for health center leaders and staff preparing for HRSA’s Operational Site Visit (OSV) and building or maintaining continuous compliance.
This unique 3-part webinar series features the perspective of three independent OSV reviewers with years of experience performing HRSA OSVs, including virtual OSVs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health Center Model Overview
- Starting a Health Center: So You Want to Start a Health Center?
- Resources for the Look-Alike Health Center Model:
- NACHC’s 2021 Look-Alike Learning Collaborative: NACHC Look-Alike Learning Collaborative
- NACHC eLearning Module: Becoming a High-Performing Health Center Look-Alike (June 2020)
- HRSA’s Look-Alike Initial Designation Application Instructions: LAL ID Application Instructions (8/13/20)
- New Access Point (NAP) Funding:
- Other Resources:
- Change in Scope of Project Guidance (HRSA)
- National Health Center Needs Assessment
- NACCHO’s Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships Framework
- Service Area Overlap (NACHC’s Service Area Overlap Toolkit)
Compliance: Health Center Program Requirements
- NACHC Annual Webinar Series on the Operational Site Visit: What you Need to Know to Prepare for and Succeed During Your OSV
- HRSA’s Health Center Program Compliance Manual
- HRSA’s Health Center Program Site Visit Protocol
Unique Health Center Models
- Public Entity Health Centers (NACHC’s Public Center Monograph)
- Tribal Health Centers (ask for information: email@example.com )
Quick TTA Resources
- Health Center Resource Clearinghouse
- Training Catalog
- Noddlepod -a community for crowd sourced information (ask for information: firstname.lastname@example.org )
COVID-19 Response and Support
Educational programs are tailored and continuously updated to meet ongoing challenges. COVID-19 specific resources can be found in the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse.
NACHC’s TTA programs are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,625,000 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.