Health Center Growth & Development
NACHC’s Health Center Growth and Development (HCGD) portfolio offers the information and resources needed to plan, start, and/or successfully expand a Health Center. NACHC collaborates closely with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) to provide training opportunities, learning collaboratives, and one-on-one technical assistance for organizations looking to become part of HRSA’s Health Center Program. Our information and programs offer a foundational overview of the Health Center Program, health center models, and key considerations for preparing to become a 330-funded Health Center or Health Center Program Look-Alike, as well as operational and program-specific information.
For greater insight, findings from NACHC’s National Health Center Needs Assessment shapes and improves HCGD programs with information about real-time success, challenges, needs, and opportunities.
On this page
Gain valuable skills
- Learn the fundamental components of HRSA’s Health Center Program.
- Define Section 330 compliance requirements.
- Outline key considerations and requirements for planning/starting a 330-funded Health Center and/ or a Health Center Program LookAlike.
- Identify essential components for high-performing health centers in terms of governance, operations, finance, and clinical services.
- Understand special models of health centers, such as Public Centers.
- Select and apply relevant HRSA resources and tools.
- Strengthen newly funded health centers in their first 120 days and first year of operations (and beyond).
Upcoming 2022 – 2023 Training Events
Starting With Success: Building and Enhancing Your Health Center
January 25 – 26, 2023
Early bird deadline: January 9
This two-day virtual training workshop delivers a comprehensive, nuts-and-bolts training curriculum for leaders and organizations seeking a true “Health Center 101.” The training agenda features an in-depth overview of HRSA’s Health Center Program and covers foundational elements such as Scope of Project, HRSA’s Compliance Program, and Health Center Governance, Finance, and Operations.
Learn more and register.
For more information about this training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about NACHC Training and Technical Assistance (TTA), visit: nachc.org/trainings-and-conferences/.
Health Center Model Overview
- Starting a Health Center:
- NACHC’s Health Center Program 101 Overview (eLearning Module)
- So You Want to Start a Health Center? (Publication)
- Resources for the Look-Alike Health Center Model:
- NACHC’s 2021 Look-Alike Learning Collaborative: NACHC Look-Alike Learning Collaborative
- NACHC eLearning Module: Becoming a High-Performing Health Center Look-Alike (June 2020)
- HRSA’s Look-Alike Initial Designation Application Instructions: LAL ID Application Instructions (8/13/20)
- New Access Point (NAP) Funding:
- HRSA’s NAP Guidance
- NACHC’s Funded! Now What?
- NACHC’s Newly Funded Health Center Orientation (available exclusively to NAP awardees post-award)
- Other Resources:
- Change in Scope of Project Guidance (HRSA)
Compliance: Health Center Program Requirements
- NACHC Annual Webinar Series on the Operational Site Visit: What you Need to Know to Prepare for and Succeed During Your OSV
- HRSA’s Health Center Program Compliance Manual
- HRSA’s Health Center Program Site Visit Protocol
Unique Health Center Models
- Public Entity Health Centers (NACHC’s Public Center Monograph)
- Tribal Health Centers (ask for information: email@example.com )
Quick TTA Resources
- Quick Guide: Conducting Your Health Center’s Needs Assessment
- Health Center Resource Clearinghouse
- Training Catalog
- Noddlepod -a community for crowd sourced information (ask for information: firstname.lastname@example.org )
COVID-19 Response and Support
Educational programs are tailored and continuously updated to meet ongoing challenges. COVID-19 specific resources can be found in the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse.
NACHC’s TTA programs are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,719,834 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.