NACHC’s Board Chair Leadership Program is designed for new health center boards chairs or those about to step into the board chair role at a health center.
This five-part virtual program will address the role of the board chair, the board chair-CEO partnership, board meeting facilitation, navigating conflict, board chair succession planning, and more. The Board Chair Leadership Program is designed to provide interactive and action-oriented learning experience through engagement with experienced board chairs, fellow participants, and subject matter experts. Participants will engage in small group discussions and consider various case studies as part of this program.
Registration is limited to 36 participants to ensure a small cohort-based approach. Participants that attend each of the five sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion after the program.
- January 23, 2024 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
- February 6, 2024 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
- February 20, 2024 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
- March 5, 2024 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
- March 19, 2024 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
Application and Registration Process (Early Bird/Regular):
Registration for the Board Chair Leadership Program is a two-part process:
- APPLY: Click here and complete the online form. Applications will be reviewed by program staff. You will be notified by firstname.lastname@example.org or Hafsa Miskin (Manager, Governance Education, email@example.com) of the status of your application within approximately one week of submission.
- Once notified of acceptance to the Board Chair Leadership Program, you will be provided with a link to complete your registration and payment for the course. If payment is not made within 10 days of notification, or prior to the registration closing date of January 16, 2024 (whichever comes first), your place in the course will be released to another applicant.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the course is full (approximately 36 participants) or until the program starts. A waiting list will be developed once the course has reached capacity. Wait listed applicants will be given priority to fill a cancellation spot. Please note that given the limited capacity in this program, we can only accept up to two participants per health center that meet the qualifications until the program reaches capacity.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify goals for their term as board chair.
- Apply strategies related to effective board meeting agendas and board meeting facilitation.
- Discuss techniques to enhance board governance and navigate group dynamics.
- M. Scott Alarcón, Governance Consultant.
- Emily Heard, Director, Health Center Governance Training, NACHC.
- Deborah Morrison, Health Center Board Chair.
- Steven Sera, Immediate Past Health Center Board Chair.
- Others to be announced soon.
- Participation is limited given the cohort-style design of the program.
- Early bird rate is $375 (before January 9, 2024) and regular rate is $475.
Course level and any prerequisites
Participants must either be a new board chair or a board chair-elect (or equivalent). An understanding of health center board roles is required.