Part 2 of this two-part webinar series will review the operational activities necessary to implement or enhance vision services in a health center. Learners will review planning factors such as provider configuration, cost, volume and supervision.
Learning Objectives – Participants of this virtual workshop will:
- Increase knowledge about the levels of comprehensive vision services integration into FQHCs and look-alikes through peer education.
- Enhance skills for start-up of vision services in FQHCs (including School Based Health Centers and look-alikes) and
- Raise awareness of the operational components (i.e. overhead; provider configuration to balance quality, supervision, cost, vision versus medical insurance coverage, volume) needed for vision services integration.
- Ashley Anderson Burns, OD, Director of Optometry, Coastal Family Health Center
- Susan A. Primo, OD, MPH, FAAO, Professor of Ophthalmology, Director, Optometry Services, Low Vision, Emory Eye Center
- Debi Sarma, OD, Public Health Optometrist in the Greater Boston Area
- Kristin White, OD, Director of Optometry, Mact Health Board Inc.
View the recording from Part 1 here.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,625,000 with 0 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.