Financial Management & Reimbursement
NACHC offers practical and accessible technical support and training for Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) and their accounting staff and revenue cycle team to help them meet the dynamic challenges of a community health center’s financial management system. Services include seminars, toolkits, and direct technical assistance covering everything you need to know for HRSA Section 330 Grant management, revenue cycles, cash-flow management, forecasting, reimbursement and more. NACHC’s training programs benefit from the technical expertise of a former health center CFO and other content experts.
On this page
Gain Valuable Skills
- Recognize the key business aspects of efficient health center financial operations.
- Develop effective operational budgets and evaluate the influence of grant requirements on health center systems.
- Identify key drivers of profitability for a prospective payment system that incorporates successful coding, billing,collections, and accounts receivable.
- Implement practices for better reimbursement rates and Relative Value Unit (RVU) capacity.
- Accurately complete timely and meaningful cost reports for CMS and others.
- Discover approaches for favorable contract negotiations.
- Leverage technology to produce quality data that leads to informed decision making.
Upcoming 2021-2022 Training Events
Core Competency Training
- Now open for registration! Introduction to Community Health Center Finance (Intro to CHC Finance) | Virtual Only • November 30, and December 1, 2021
- Financial Operations Management Seminar Level I (FOM 1) | Virtual Only • April 13 – 14, 2022
- Financial Operations Management Seminar Level 2 (FOM 2) | Virtual Only • May 25 – 26, 2022
- Financial Operations Management Seminar Level 3 (FOM 3) | Virtual Only • June 22 – 23, 2022
- Revenue Cycle 360° (Rev Cycle 360°) Seminar | Virtual Only • June 29 – 30, 2022
Mentoring & Online Learning
- Finance Office Hours for Health Centers with recorded sessions:
- Year-end Considerations
- 340B Financial Strategies
- Fiscal Cliff, Provider Relief Funds, and Cares Act
- New Chief Financial Officer Leadership Institute (CFOI), 6 month learning collaborative
- Revenue Cycle Learning Collaborative
Tools, Resources and Updates
- Financial management issue briefs
- Finance manual with policy templates
- New revenue recognition accounting standard
- Revenue from contracts with customers
COVID-19 Response and Support
Educational programs are tailored and constantly updated to meet ongoing challenges. COVID19 specific resources can be found in the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse and resource pages. Examples include:
- December 2021 Finance Office Hours for Heath Centers
- Finance Offices for Health Centers: Strategies for Dealing with COVID-19
- Payment and Delivery Reform: Medicaid in the Time of COVID-19
- CHC Finance Toolkit — COVID-19
- 5-part Podcast Series: Strategies to Manage Financial Operations During COVID-19
- Medicare Nuts and Bolts
- Medicare Cost Reporting (resources and webinar series)
- Dawn of a New Day
Quick TTA Resources
- Health Center Resource Clearinghouse
- NACHC Online Library – freely available training and technical assistance resources.
- Noddlepod -an online community allowing for real-time crowd source information sharing.
- Training Catalog
NACHC’s TTA programs are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,625,000 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.