Leadership Development & Career Advancement
NACHC’s leadership development and career advancement training programs target the essential workforce competencies and tools that health center leaders need to skillfully address short- and long-term challenges and goals. Educational events, resources and technical assistance is offered on a broad range of relevant and timely topics. All TTA programs are responsive to the stated training needs of health centers and their partners at state and regional levels.
On the page
Gain valuable skills
- Apply the skills and competencies needed for effective health center operations, personnel management, finance, quality assurance, and health information technology (HIT).
- Employ crisis leadership skills and strategies to combat emotional and physical fatigue.
- Construct productivity improvements to reach performance targets.
- Benefit from evidence-based decision making and share promising practices.
- Learn how to recruit and engage staff; build and maintain effective teams.
- Manage strategic communications.
- Cultivate meaningful partnerships.
Upcoming 2022-2023 Training Events
NACHC’s Leadership Subscription Service
NACHC’s leadership subscription service is a new offer for 2023, designed to provide a consistent and spaced leadership development opportunity across a full calendar year to all health center, primary care association, health center-controlled network, and partner agency staff to support personal and organizational growth, development, and sustainability.
Register and learn more.
NACHC Career & Leadership Coaching Services Coaching Services for Staff – At Any Level
NACHC is excited to offer career and leadership coaching services to all health center, primary care association, health center-controlled network, and partner agency employees to support personal and organizational growth, development, and sustainability.
Register for a service and learn more.
Leadership Core Competency Training & Refinement
- Excelling in Your Role as Health Center Leader: This series of self-paced modules provides the essential skills and tools needed to be an effective leader and not just “the boss.”
- New CFO Leadership Institute (CFOI): a 6-month learning collaborative
- New CEO Leadership Institute: a 6-month learning collaborative
- Workforce Summit
Self-Paced Modules & Microlearning
- “Workplace Wellbeing” Microlearning Modules (series of four)
This 4-part series explores how to foster mind, body, and sense of purpose in individuals, teams, and organizations for a more resilient workforce and improved well-being in the workplace. Topics include resilient leadership, mindfulness, servant leadership, and finding your passion.
- “Excelling in Your Role as a Health Center Leader” Self-Paced Modules (series of four)
This 4-part series provides the essential skills and tools needed to be an effective leader and not just “the boss.” Learn how to motivate employees and how to manage relationships. Learn the keys to effective communication, become a listening leader, and how to develop a culture ripe for curiosity and innovation.
- “Foundations of Becoming a Leader” Webinar Series w/Interactive Engagement (series of four)
This 4-part series is designed for frontline and midlevel staff who may be new to a leadership or supervisory position. Join us to learn foundational leadership skills needed by new managers, including transitioning to being a leader, creating boundaries, improving focus and giving and receiving feedback.
Clinical Leadership Training
- Office Hours for Clinical Leaders (search for “office hours” in NACHC’s Clearinghouse)
- Virtual Training for New, Experienced, and Seasoned Clinical Leaders
- Virtual Training for New Clinical Directors
Coaching & Peer Mentorship
- Group Coaching for health center staff or PCA/HCCN staff
- Leadership Trainings Graduate Network (Leadership Network)
- Leadership Development Training Partners—offering programs tailored for health center professionals
COVID-19 Response and Support
Educational programs are tailored and constantly updated to meet ongoing challenges. COVID-19 specific resources can be found in the Health Center Resource Clearinghouse and resource pages. For example:
- Leading with Optimism in Challenging Times
- Managing Crisis through Resilient Leadership COVID-19 Resource Packet
Quick TTA Resources
- Health Center Resource Clearinghouse, look for:
- Chief Workforce Officer Toolkit
- Key Considerations for Developing Core Competencies for Health Center Enabling Services Staff: A Guide for Health Centers
- Clinical Leadership Core Competencies: Domains, Skills, Tasks
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Competencies Domains and Skills/Tasks
- Archived Webinars
- Training Catalog
- Technical Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
NACHC’s TTA programs are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $6,719,834 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.